|McDonough Arena - Kenner League (Source: georgetown.edu)|
For the rosters, see this Google document created by BM of gwhoops. He also posted the rest of the weekend schedule here on gwhoops.com.
Of particular interest at 2:40pm Hoop Magic faced-off against The Clyde's. Both teams featured a number of GW players. Here are some notes:
- Its a summer league, so play was pretty casual. Final tally had Clyde's winning 90 to 70 or so.
- Dwayne Smith started for Clyde's and put up a few good shots. Also got stripped a couple times which led to some ribbing from his GW teammates on Hoop Magic.
- Kopriva on Hoop Magic also saw a good bit of the court. He started off somewhat slowly shooting some real clankers, but closed the game out with some decent looks from deep, echoing other reviews on gwhoops.
- Patricio Garino dressed with Hoop Magic and saw some court in the second half. Scored on two quick lay-up/dunks and had a few nice three-pointers. Seems to have a pretty quick-wristed release. Seemed to move pretty fluidly on D.
- Not much to report from Jonathan Davis (Clydes) or Paris (Hoop Magic). Maybe a bucket or two between the two of them.
- Kevin Larsen (Hoop Magic) made the best of his limited minutes showing off his interior passing skills and solid two-step down low. Seemed to be playing at about half-speed too.
- Former Hoya (soon to be extended Boston Celtic) Jeff Green played a good portion of the game, perhaps using the opportunity to work on his handle and his NBA range 3 pointers. He sat out the end of the 2nd half. He was stuffed at the end of the first half by Princeton Tiger Ian Hummer, but Jeff got the NBA whistle in his favor.
- No McDonald or Armwood for Hoop Magic. Savage was on the bench but did not dress.