Hatchet: Hobbs says "I'm not a candidate for the job."

Finally some decent news, Karl Hobbs says "There’s no development. I’m not a candidate for the job. I haven’t been contacted by the job. I’m very happy here at GW."

Of course, Hobbs doesn't explicitly rule out the possibility, neither does athletic director Jack Kvancz, who says he'd let Hobbs interview if he were asked. But hey, it's good news. And Kvancz says that no one has called him from Providence, meaning today's Friars message board rumor, that Hobbs will be named coach today, is apparently bogus.

Keep stayin' tuned.

Comments

Check out great shirts, crewnecks, hats and more!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram