Sarah-Jo Hits Last Second Shot, Women into Sweet 16

Twice in a row. The GW women have made the Sweet 16 for a second time in a row, beating California on a last-second lay-up from Sarah-Jo Lawrence. Unfortunately I was at a concert so I missed it, but ESPN has the video.

The part of the game I saw, GW was down the entire time. Antelia Parrish seemed to be in charge, even taking the ball up court, and Kim Beck seemed a bit timid on offense. I turned it off, half because GW was losing, and half because they were showing the LSU-Marist game and talking heads.

The play to me looked a lot like the Noel Wilmore! Carl Elliott! game winner against Charlotte.

The women will face either Rutgers or Iowa on Sunday in Greensboro. Oddly enough, both Greensboro (men's 2006 tourney) and Iowa (terrible men's tourney loss) have some history for GW.

The Hatchet has two articles on it.

Comments

Check out great shirts, crewnecks, hats and more!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram