Anna Montañana joins WNBA team

Former GW women's b-ball star Anna Montañana joined the Minnesota Lynx on Monday, and played against LA. Pretty cool to see, Montañana was my favorite women's player back when I used to go to all the games -- she was a do-anything forward and I believe had a triple double.

Before the Lynx, she led her Spanish pro team to the league title, was on the Spanish national team in the Olympics, and had lots of success at GW - a bunch of A-10 West championships and NCAA tourneys.

I bought a Montañana jersey at that jersey sale earlier in the year, and her number was 21, same as Pops.

Here's the WNBA press release.

Comments

Check out great shirts, crewnecks, hats and more!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram