Smith Center hot dogs are terrible

This is hardly news to GW fans, but the hot dogs at the Smith Center are atrocious. I didn't know it was possible to mess up a hot dog so badly. The buns always seem to have been left over from the previous season, and the dogs themselves are a weird pink color and taste like Spam mixed with Vienna sausages (i.e. potted meat product). They're usually either cold or so hot you can't hold them, and I'm surprised the athletic department doesn't have a dentist on retainer for chipped teeth and punctured lips caused by the granite-like buns.

I enjoy eating at sporting events and I really wish the arena had some real concessions - dogs that don't seem like they came from Kobayashi's stomach and some other choices besides candy bars and soggy, stale popcorn. Chicken tenders? Fries? Big Burger? Pizza? Or even something tangentially George Washington related - Virginia ham sandwiches would be nice. I'd say beer and whiskey, since ol' GW made both at Mount Vernon, but I'm sure that's not going to happen.

Comments

Check out great shirts, crewnecks, hats and more!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram