Vandy 77-GW 44

Well that was absolutely terrible. I don't think I've ever seen a worse GW basketball game, and i've seen them lose in American and Duquesne in person. GW was outshot, outcoached, outhustled, outrebounded, out-passed, out-classed, out everythinged. Vanderbilt had more open shots than a firing squad. I could go on, but here's the box score if you feel like crying.

So how about some positives from this game. I swear there really are some.
-If GW had made a long run in the tourney, Karl Hobbs would be on a lot of schools' coaching radars. After this abominable display, not so much.
-At least I didn't pay $500 to fly out to Sacramento.
-Freshman Travis King was our leading scorer and the only Colonial to shoot above 50% (just don't ask how many he scored)
-Some of the walk-ons got some time. That's pretty neat, walking on and playing in the NCAA tourney.
-We've been to the tourney three years in a row, which Gtown and UMd can't say
-At least Vanderbilt is a good academic school.
-Vandy fans are classy folks, as at least three came to GWhoops.com to say good game (and they meant it)
-And at least the women are still in the tourney.

Now I'm going to watch some other games and pick a new team to follow. Let's go VCU?

Further analysis to come, when I recover.

Comments

Check out great shirts, crewnecks, hats and more!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram